I-20 is a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students Status in America. It’s applicable for both language & academic studies. It’s one of the mist critical documents in the admission process. The I-20 is of such significance because it concerns the United States Department of Homeland Security. This entails, that until you’ve the I-20 form with you, you’re not entitled to apply for a visa.
What are the labels, F-Students & M-Students?
In fact, the I-20 is awarded by the SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) affiliated schools, colleges and universities. This I-20 form is obligatory only for those opting for F-11, F-2,M-1 and M-2 statuses:
- F- Students are those who’re applying for the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status under the a language or an academic study course
- M- Students are those who’re applying for the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status under vocational courses.
Why is the I-20 form so critical?
Most importantly, it’s a document that holds all your biographical details, your school code, and the student tracking number. Next, it holds whether you fit into the F or M status & its relevant rank. It’s an evidence of your legal status & stay in America. For all further govt-associated documentation process, you’ll have to depend on the I-20. Furthermore, it includes your class & program details. The aforementioned info is spread across 3 main sections. These sections are named as Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3.
- Page 1- Student’s details, college, course and financial details.
- Page 2- Employment and Travel details.
- Page 3- Instructions Page.
Key Details in an I-20:
- SEVIs Number or ID
- Student’s Attestation
- Birth and Citizenship details
- Non-immigrant Status details
- DSO’s details and Signature
- Finances and Organization of Funds
- Work Authorization
- School Information
- Travel Signatures
For more information on I 20 Application for International Students get in touch with Concord Rusam.